Monday, October 19, 2009

Band Of The Day: Tegan & Sara


I finally decided that since our song's of the day more often than not end up featuring multiple songs, it should become more of a profile of bands. Of course, this time I'm only posting one song so it's a work in progress.

Last night I became enamored as many have with Tegan & Sara, indie rock sisters from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I downloaded and listened to an early leak of their new album Sainthood and I'm hooked. Not having heard any of their other stuff, I'm not yet sure how it relates to the girl's older material but I'll be sure to look into it.

The girls are pictured above with Chris Walla of Death Cab For Cutie, who along with Howard Redekopp produced the album.

I admittedly have a soft spot for female vocalists as you'll see with the next female-fronted band I'll spotlight soon.

There's some really cool instrumentation going on with the Quin sisters though in addition to their lovely vocals.

The song featured here is their new single, "Hell". It's extremely catchy and driven by a tasty little synth riff and nice guitars. Very catchy hook too albeit with a slightly unorthodox delivery which I particularly like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails