Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Song Of The Day: Grizzly Bear- Two Weeks


If you wander the vast expanse of the Internet anywhere near as much as I do, you're probably familiar with the band Grizzly Bear by now.

Over the past year or two, they've become the big thing amongst the "indie hipsters" who just love their independent flair.

Because of this (and the fact that Pitchfork loves them), I was always reluctant to listen to their stuff. I finally broke down and watched this video for the song, "Two Weeks" off their successful album Veckatimest.

This song immediately struck something with me. It has some beautiful vocal harmonies that dominate the song, something very rare these days. I'll admit, I haven't been able to really get into the other songs on the album, but I also have yet to listen all the way through.

This may well be one of the coolest -and no doubt creepiest- videos I've seen. You've been warned.

1 comment:

Marc said...

If you're looking for a much less creepy video for this song, a fan made a stunning alternate version... http://vimeo.com/5904993

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails