Monday, July 25, 2011

Warren Zevon: Part 2


It's been a little while since I touched on Warren Zevon, but after some time to simmer in the summer heat I've had a chance to gather some other more recent songs from Zevon, including some of the last recordings of his career.

"Keep Me In Your Heart" from his final album The Wind essentially serves as his musical epitaph with such lines as, "If I leave you it doesn't mean I love you any less/Keep me in your heart for a while," the song is like a goodbye to everyone.



"Disorder In The House," Is a bluesy little jam featuring guitar work and vocals from Bruce Springsteen. It's also featured on Zevon's final album The Wind.



These are both excellent tunes. Hopefully they get your week started on the positive.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails