Sunday, June 5, 2011

Canada's Best Export: Neil Young


You're all in for a treat thanks to my most recent random musical kick.

Once again spurred on by watching a random concert on television, I started listening to any and all Neil Young that I could find.

The Canadian singer-songwriter, has churned out an unbelievable amount of material during his more than 50 years in the music business.

Young has released 33 studio albums (number 34 drops in September) encompassing a Hall of Fame career. Plenty of his songs are well known including some of the ones below. It's hard to pick just a few, but these are great starting points.

"Heart Of Gold", "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)", "Rockin' In The Free World" are all classic cuts from the masterful Young. "Rockin'" is a ripping version of the classic tune featuring Pearl Jam with Eddie Vedder sharing in the vocal duties.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails