Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Landon Donovan


Thanks to loyal reader and spotter of fun Internet stuff Eric for sending this my way.

For those who don't know, American soccer star Landon Donovan has been playing for Everton F.C. of the English Premier League on loan from the L.A. Galaxy of the MLS.

Donovan has been doing quite well starting 7 games and scoring 2 goals with 3 assists.

Donovan has expressed an interest to extend the loan as has Everton, but there's no word yet on whether that will happen.

Anyway, the brilliant part of all this is what Eric showed me on the soccer blog Who Ate All The Pies, a fine place to find highlights of games, pictures of players' WAGs (wives and girlfriends) and general chatter about the game. Below is the hilarity, pay attention to the caption.



Writer Chris Wright told a reader who didn't get it, "It’s just the kind of thing I reckon an American would holler given the chance."

It's without a doubt the funniest caricature of Americans I've ever seen and it filled my heart with great joy today. Hopefully you thought it was at least half as funny as I did.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails