Friday, May 21, 2010

Ben Folds: Bitches Ain't Shit


I've been on an enormous Ben Folds kick this past week, because I've been spinning his most recent studio release from a couple years back, Way To Normal.

There are some amazing tracks on there which I'll likely post in time, but I wanted to put up the video from his MySpace gig (the first of its kind I'm told) performance of Dr. Dre's "Bitches Ain't Shit".

While I love his voice and sense of melody, perhaps my favorite aspect of Mr. Folds is his lightheartedness. He doesn't take music overly serious, and that's a good thing. He always seems to have a blast when performing and that's a plus for everyone involved.

Props to Dr. Dre though, who's first line rings true throughout the ages:

"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails