Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Song Of The Day - August 5, 2008

Today's song of the day is brought to you by the letter "p." I was (oddly) inspired by the Maualuga story and decided to think of all the songs that reference the color pink. As tempting as the "Thong Song" was (even though it's an absolute abomination of music) I figured that I could find enough of a selection of "pink" songs, with the exclusion of songs by the artist Pink.

Without having to search the Internet for songs with "pink" in the title I knew exactly what the selection had to be: Pink by Aerosmith. 

Pink, which reached #27 on the Billboard Hot 100, is the third major single from Aerosmith's 1997 album entitled Nine Lives. The music video is a little weird but the song is good enough to make up for it. It has good riffs and a killer harmonica intro to go with an array of phrases and lines about the color pink. "Pink, it's my favorite crayon." 

Moreover, Pink is also a bonus song in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. The game itself is really cool if you're a fan of the band and probably a bit annoying if you aren't. I purchased the game with cautious optimism because I knew a bunch of Aerosmith's hits but knew very little about the band itself. After playing the game top to bottom (in my opinion it is the easiest of the Guitar Hero series to beat) I came away thoroughly impressed by the diversity and talent of the band. They get extra bonus points for still being relevant in the music industry almost 40 years after their first album. 
   
Pink by Aerosmith

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails